Admin Support Officer x 2
Position: Admin Support Officers x 2
Áiseanna Tacaíochta’s (ÁT) Mission Statement is “To provide leadership and support in Ireland to empower those of us who have disabilities to direct our own lives and enjoy the same equality and freedoms as non-disabled citizens”.
Based in North Dublin, we are the first organisation in Ireland to offer a Direct Payments model to people with disabilities. We provide leadership and support to our members – who we call Leaders – empowering them to live with the independence and freedom they are entitled to.
About the Opportunity:
This is an administrative role within the member relations team.
The Admin Support Officer, will provide support and guidance to existing and new Members of the ÁT Network and work as part of a team and will report to the Member Relations Manager.
The position will be based in ÁT’s head office, Chase House City Junction Business park Clare Hall Dublin 17 in North Dublin.
It is anticipated that successful candidates will work a 5 day working week.
Blended working will be made available subject to the needs of the organisation being met and following a period of training.
Occasional travel within Ireland will be required and full training will be provided in relation to all aspects of the role.
Starting salary: € 33,000
Duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsible for administrative activities associated with new and current members.
- Contribute to the assessment and approval of members Contract / Grant Aid Agreement.
- Desk and site enquires in relation to member’s budgets and day to day activities.
- Provide support and guidance to new and existing members around items such as the Philosophy of Independent Living, policies procedures and guidelines,
- Provide information and inputs on HR matters, Health and Safety requirements, risk management and specific training requirements; in order to ensure compliance for the members’ themselves, their circle of support and their staff.
- Support new and existing Members with their recruitment process, staffing, training rostering and compliance issues.
- Liaise with the Members Support Manager in relation to HSE interactions, with and on behalf of, existing and prospective members when required.
- Support Members to move through the ÁT Process to become an Independent Company.
- Provide the necessary support for prospective members on ÁT’s waiting list to join us and identify, as required, potential Leaders to join ÁT
- Provide support to prospective members in identifying and establishing Circles Of Support and assist new members in identifying their peer support requirements and putting those peer supports in place.
- Update and develop the ÁT members website to ensure that the most up to date information is available to members.
- Work with the broader ÁT team to develop, maintain and implement effective departmental systems, processes and controls to support the organisation in achieving its goals.
- Build networks and relationships with colleagues that assist in developing a professional, integrated, and efficient approach to supporting members.
Other duties may be assigned where relevant in order to ensure ÁT service delivery.
- Experience in a similar type of role with a member organisation.
- Evidence of strong analytical and interpretation skills to analyse problems and develop and devise creative and effective strategies to address same.
- Robust IT proficiency and experience using MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, coupled with the capacity to quickly learn new applications, systems, technologies and procedures/processes.
- Experience of managing and prioritising multiple tasks to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven track record and clear knowledge of best practice in supporting people with a disability and their families
- Ability to work on own initiative and use sound judgement to identify key issues and priorities for members.
- The ability to provide an excellent client service focusing on members needs and building and maintaining effective personal and business relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to ensure effective engagement across all relevant stakeholders
- Proven track record in efficiently managing dynamic work streams
- Fluency in English language both oral and written
- An understanding of the philosophy of Independent Living.
- Relevant third level qualification or experience working in a similar type role
- Experience of non-profit organisations.
- The ability to remain outcome and results focused with regard to AT priorities.
- Actively encourages new ideas, experimentation and measured risk-taking, while always being on the lookout for opportunities to continuously improve business processes and efficiencies within ÁT and member organisations.
- The ability to be decisive and take tough decisions about clients, people and costs to deliver and sustain results
- Co-operates with colleagues, shares information, and respects the opinions and values of staff members.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and engages and motivates others, to ensure the needs of the ÁT member are met.
- Own transport
Enquiries & to request full Job description: email: email@example.com (Please include your phone number in your email).
To apply for this position, please send a detailed CV and supporting document quoting reference ÁT – Admin Role 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 4.00pm on Friday 29 September 2023.
The selection process may include a short-listing of candidates. The selection criteria will be based on the requirements of the position. It is therefore important that you provide a detailed and accurate account of where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position. This should be contained in a short document (maximum 2 pages) accompanying your CV.
Applicants should note that, for shortlisting purposes in particular, clear evidence of the requirements listed as essential in this job specification must be demonstrated as part of the supporting document accompanying your CV.
ÁT is an equal opportunities employer and any person intending to submit an application must be an Irish or EEA National or a Non EEA National with an in date IRP card with a Stamp 4 Immigration permission that entitles them to live and work in Ireland. Applicants must be available to work at the location advertised.
Closing date for receipt of applications is on Friday, 29 September 2023.