Board Member Vacancy
Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT) is seeking to appoint two new members to its Board of Directors.
ÁT is the first organisation in Ireland to offer a Direct Payments model to people with disabilities. We provide leadership and support to our members – who we call Leaders – empowering them to live with the independence and freedom they are entitled to. ÁT act as an intermediary between each of our Leaders and the Health Service Executive (HSE) to set up a Direct Payment to the person, enabling Leaders to move away from a service delivery model, to a model where they choose and manage their own services, mainly Personal Assistant (PA). This empowers them to decide when and how they use their supports, ensuring that those supports fit in with their lives, not the other way around.
To find out more about the organization, visit the Áiseanna Tacaíochta website at www.theatnetwork.com.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Attend and participate in Board meetings and (where appropriate) any committee meetings
- Provide input into the strategic direction and continuous growth of the organisation
- Ensure the organisation is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Ensure the organisation complies with its legal obligations under charity, employment and company law.
- Ensure compliance with the organisation’s governing document
- Act in the best interest of the organisation
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Ensure the organisation’s finances and assets are properly managed
- Support the CEO and executive team in delivery of the strategic plan
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- The vision and capability to support the current Board and the CEO in achieving the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation, through the implementation of its Strategic Plan.
- An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of independent living
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
- Good leadership skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
Desirable Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- Previous experience operating at a senior management / Board level
- Successful track record in the areas of either Human Resources and/or in Education and Training.
- Prior knowledge and experience of the Disability sector
The current Board are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusivity in the development of its Board membership; including an appropriate gender and ethnicity balance. ÁT at all times promotes equality of opportunity for all.
There will be six board meetings per annum. These meetings are held in west Dublin adjacent to M50 motorway (currently being held remotely due to Covid-19 pandemic). There are a number of Board appointed subcommittees which meet between 3 and 4 times annually and have a representation from the main Board.
As a voluntary Board no remuneration will be paid to Board members. The Board can claim out-of-pocket expenses, if eligible, in respect of activities undertaken on behalf of Áiseanna Tacaíochta.
If you believe you have the appropriate experience and skills to make a difference, this is a great opportunity to join an innovative organisation and to contribute to its success by making a positive impact.
As an initial first step in the application process please send your CV together with a covering letter by email for the attention of the Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. An Assessment Panel will be created and convened by the Board of ÁT to consider and assess the expressions of interest received and will be based on a review of applicant’s documentation received.
Closing date/time for receipt of applications is close of business on Friday 28th August 2020.