Job Opportunity: Member Relations Officer
Áiseanna Tacaíochta (ÁT) are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as Member Relations Officer. The successful candidate will be provided with all the necessary training required for the role. Candidates must be highly motivated and resourceful, with a determination for engaging with and supporting members on a daily basis.
ÁT’s Mission Statement is “To provide leadership and support in Ireland to empower those of us who have disabilities to direct our own lives and enjoy the same equality and freedoms as non-disabled citizens”. Based in North Dublin, we are the first organisation in Ireland to offer a Direct Payments model to people with disabilities. We provide leadership and support to our members – who we call Leaders – empowering them to live with the independence and freedom they are entitled to.
The Member Relations officer will be required to deliver on the ÁT mission statement for members. This will include supporting members to develop and manage the personal assistant support structure that they need to live the life of their choosing. You will also assist members to develop their circle of support.
The Member Relations officer will also be required to support the members with budgeting and compliance; and to Interact with the HSE with and on behalf of the member, when required.
The position will be based in ÁT’s head office in North Dublin (remote working is being facilitated during the Covid-19 pandemic, in line with Government guidance). Some travel within Ireland will be required (again in line with Covid restrictions). Starting salary will be DOE.
ÁT is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proven track record and clear knowledge of best practice in supporting people with a disability and their families
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals and their families
- Ability to efficiently manage dynamic work streams
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to engage with HSE representatives and other stakeholders
- Highly motivated, with the ability to analyse problems and develop and devise creative and effective strategies to address same
- Excellent communication skills.
- Access to own transport
- Fluency in English language both oral and written
- An understanding of the philosophy of Independent Living
- Relevant third level qualification or equivalent
- Experience of non-profit organisations
For enquiries and to request a full Job description: email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your phone number in your email).
Apply: by emailing a detailed C.V. with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this role: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Close of business on 4th of February 2022