Job Opportunity: Member Relations Officer
Áiseanna Tacaíochta’s (ÁT) Mission Statement
“To provide leadership and support in Ireland to empower those of us who have disabilities to direct our own lives and enjoy the same equality and freedoms as non-disabled citizens”.
Based in North Dublin, We are the first organisation in Ireland to offer a Direct Payments model to people with disabilities. We provide leadership and support to our members – who we call Leaders – empowering them to live with the independence and freedom they are entitled to.
About the Opportunity: The Member Relations officer will provide support and guidance to existing and new Members of the ÁT Network. The Member Relations officer will work as part of the Member Support team and will report to the Member Relations Manager.
Duties will include:
- Provide support and guidance to new and existing members around items such as the Philosophy of Independent Living, policies procedures and guidelines, HR matters, Health and Safety requirements, risk management and specific training requirements; in order to ensure compliance for the members’ themselves, their circle of support and their staff (See detailed job description for a more comprehensive list of duties).
- Support new and existing Members with the recruitment process, staffing, rostering, budgeting and compliance.
- Interact with HSE, with and on behalf of, existing and prospective members when required
- Support Members to move through the ÁT Process to become an Independent Company.
- Provide the necessary support for prospective members on ÁT’s waiting list to join us
- Identify, as required, potential Leaders to join ÁT
- Provide support to prospective member in identifying and establishing Circles Of Support
- Assisting the joining members in identifying peer support requirements and putting those peer supports in place
The position will be based in ÁT’s head office in North Dublin. Some travel within Ireland will be required. Starting salary will be €27,500 DOE. ÁT is an equal opportunities employer.
- Proven track record and clear knowledge of best practice in supporting people with a disability and their families
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals and their families
- Proven track record in efficiently managing dynamic work streams
- Ability to engage with HSE representatives and other stakeholders
- Highly motivated, with the ability to analyse problems and develop and devise creative and effective strategies to address same
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Access to own transport
- Fluency in English language both oral and written
- An understanding of the philosophy of Independent Living
- Relevant third level qualification or equivalent
- Experience of non-profit organisations
[Full training will be provided in relation to all aspects of the role]
Enquiries & to request full Job description: email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your phone number in your email).
Apply: by emailing a detailed C.V. with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this role: email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Close of business on Friday 5th November 2021